Sunday, September 5, 2010

I heart you


Curious by Artmind


One of my favorite things, whenever I am financially able, is to support other artists by purchasing their art.  I love all artists, but I have a little weakness for artists from Belgium as I was born there.  Artmind is one of my favorite Belgian artists on Etsy. 


Empty by Artmind

Her work conjures up such emotion!  And I love that she manages to do so with such a limited palette of color.  Her simple, lovely babushkas are embellished with nothing but her raw talent, imagination and strategically placed ceramic textures, carvings, or tiny props here and there (such as a little red rubber band, a syringe or barbed wire). 


Tense by Artmind


However simple her sculptures are, Artmind succeeds in making you "feel" her work by just looking at it.


Hungry by Artmind


Ok, I have to show you one more for the road. I just can't help myself.  It's so hard to pick just a few of these to post!


Sick by Artmind


And don't forget to check out her cute little greeting cards here.  Just looking at the lovely simplicity of them makes me happy!


I heart you greeting card by Artmind

1 comment:

ArtMind said...

Hey Vicky, what a superssweet write up about my work! I'm so glad I got to send you some of my art as I know it's in loving hands. This post is just another beautiful way of showing! Thanks so much - what a great way to start my week! :)