Monday, November 17, 2008

Mea culpa, Mea culpa, Mea maxima culpa


Ok, so I haven't blogged in a while. And I feel guilty about it. I really do. The thing is...it's not like I don't have anything to blog about. So many exciting things have been happening with all of my shops: natuure, coffeemonkey, twoangelsinparis !!! The problem is that there's one in particular that I just can't share. No! Really! I can't. To protect the innocent. Me? No, I'm not innocent...but I've been staying away from the blog so that I wouldn't tempt myself to say anything about it. And yeah...truly... I can't share. I wouldn't want to get myself into any trouble. Go ahead, convo me and tell me how bad you want to know. I maaaaaay tell you, but you might have to share a secret of your own. And I won't take just any old secret. It's got to be a juicy one. I don't trade secrets about any old thing. Come on, you gotta make it good. And I won't tell anyone. Well, maybe my blog, but no one else will have to know. Here's a secret that I CAN share. Introducing one of my very favorite soap companies on Etsy. Introducing...Annie's Powder Room by Anniepoo. Yeah, super cute name huh? Well, Annie wanted to feature some Etsy artists on her blog so I jumped at the chance when she posted a thread about it. She sent me these questions for me to answer so that I could be featured on her blog:

1. How did you start creating what you create?
2. What is your favorite thing to do when you are not creating?
3. Can you name three of you favorite etsy sellers?
4. What is your favorite food?
5. Please give us three strange, interesting or otherwise unknown facts about yourself!!!



I loved Anniepoo's store so much that I decided I would feature her on my blog. So I thought a bit about how to make this feature somewhat different from the others that I have done. And I thought about it, and thought about it, and thought about it some more (a little slow, I know) but finally Eureka! I thought: "Wouldn't it be nice if we could meet the artists through their very own questions to other artists? Wouldn't their own questions in and of themselves give you a little glimpse of themselves?" So I decided to experiment with Anniepoo and lo and behold, she was game. And she was really cool about it too! And here are her answers to her very own questions:

1. I started creating soap about 5 years ago. My husband quit his job and started his own business...I stayed at home with our little baby girl. I inherited my mother's inability to sit still and seeing as I don't really like to clean my house I needed to find something to do with my hands ; )
2. I homeschool my girls so that pretty much takes up any spare moments that I may have to myself....but when the girls go to bed me and the Mr. like to stay up late...listen to great music and watch TV occassionaly and umm...make soap ;)

3. There are so many great shops on etsy! EarCarma has the BEST carmels EVER!!! I love Alphotography, and greybrocket's shop is always fun to look through!

4. I love lettuce wraps! ummm...I could seriously live off of chips and hot sauce and think that Root Beer is quite possibly the greatest liquis ever invented!

5. 3 interesting facts...I am having to dig deep here because I am really not that interesting-
I had my babies at home ala naturale! I think that officially makes me superwoman :)
When I am alone I like to speak in a british accent...I can't believe I just admitted that!
and...um...from kindergarten until the 6th grade I never missed a day of school! boring I know but I warned ya!

And there you have it! And not only is she super cool, but she makes the best soaps around! Check out her shop here! You will love it!

And after you've checked out her cool shop, convo me and tell me one of your most prized secrets. Why should you? Because I may just share mine. I have a seeeeecret! Neener, neener, neener! **BTW...I've been talking it up so much, it's probably going to be very boring to you at this point, but I may STILL share it! See how dedicated I am to all this blogging stuff?**



Ok! Lather up!

All photos courtesy of and all soaps for sale at anniepoo

No comments: