Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Hearts & Urchins


I am doing a quick fly by today. Not really writing a lot. Getting so busy! I'm surprised my head isn't falling off. It's been jerked so many different ways in the last few weeks. Anyways, just wanted to share some of the beautiful pieces of art that I acquired from some of my fellow Etsians. I recently photographed a few of these pieces on an old trunk I bought at an antique store a few months ago that I am using as a coffee table. I think the rusty, dusty and antique look of the trunk really show off the lovely, smooth lines of the ceramics. And the contrast of the soft leather of the trunk and the "spiky-ness" of the urchin bowls is amazing. What can I say, sometimes I really have a flair for the dramatic. Here are some pics. By the way, you really really really need to check out my friends at Etsy that make these gorgeous pieces. The urchin bowl is from elementclaystudio.
The shopowner & artist, Heather Knight, is not only an amazing artist, but she is very professional and warm person. I had seen these urchin bowls the minute I first layed eyes on Etsy and I just knew I had to have them. They are just wonderful. Their spikes' "dangerous" look is so beautifully contrasted with the softness of the bowl itself! Don't take my word for it. Buy one (or two, or twenty) here. The balloon heart was from bridgemanstudios and I thought it was one of the most lovely ways to depict a broken heart. Jim, the shopowner and artist, was extremely nice when I asked him for a custom order. Unfortunately, by the time I went to make my purchase of the heart I wanted, it was gone. Jim went out of his way to help me with my request. And all the while, he was super nice even though he had just put in some major time at a large show he did that week-end. Do you want your very own broken heart? Well...ok, bad choice of words, but check out Jim's hearts here.

And voila! That's my post! Longer than I thought, but then I do tend to ramble...

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

1 comment:

Tyla Marie Jewelry said...

I love the Urchin bowl!