Monday, October 20, 2008

Treasury time!


YAY! YAY! YAY! Made another treasury! I looooove treasuries. I seem to be drawn to a lot of the monochromatic ones myself. And I've always been a fan of the black and white theme. So thank you Rachel at secrethistory for including me in yours!

Incidentally, dear readers, if you haven't seen Rachel's shop you must do so now! She's one of those talented photographers that can turn something everyday and ordinary into something amazingly beautiful, serene and poignant at the same time. I mean, seriously...it's a chair. But have you seen anything more beautiful? I think not. Have you ever felt what you feel when you see the way the light hits the room just so. Casting the shadow of that chair onto the wall ever so slightly visible. And that large patch of light on the ground inviting you in. And the white of those curtains mingling with the white of the banister but petulantly ignoring the white on the wall behind it. Striking, isn't it, what Rachael can do with a camera? I rest my case (of books).

Ok now, check out the great treasury she put together. Dark, edgy, yet peaceful in a way. What a great showcase of extremely talented etsians. Don't forget to check out their shops!



etceteramedia
KeysandMemories
ara133photography
ThePeachTree
nestahome
natuure : )
PixiePrints
Xenotees
stephaniegibson
f2images
purposedesign
Earmark





Top two photos courtesy of and prints for sale at secrethistory. Thanks for hanging out!

6 comments:

GetReadySetGO said...

well, i must say that i am BEYOND FLATTERED! and if you hadn't figured it out yet i own getreadysetgo and aroundnbrightlywound on etsy. yes, i am crazy for etsy...but back to this BRILLIANTLY written article that made my heart happy- wow, i really don't know what to say. it's rough because nobody ever buys prints from my etsy shop- but i am not going to close it. it's the first one i started and i just won't ever close her down. this one insanely long comment but you have made my night! thank you SOOO much for your kindness:)
-rachel-

Steph said...

Thanks for the feature! It is a beautiful treasury and I am thrilled to be included in it.
Love your Etsy shop!

f2images said...

It's always so interesting that many Etsians have several shops and talents! Love Rachel's photos! Thank you so much for the mention. Informative and interesting blog :)

ThePeachTree said...

YAY!

**Thinking Front page thoughts**

And what an incredible shop you have, natuure. I love how life works in random inspired meetings :)

ara133photography said...

That is a gorgeous treasury, I'm so flattered to be included! :) And Rachel's photography is completely amazing! Your natural works are just gorgeous! :)

GetReadySetGO said...

well, all you friendly etsians are just rockin my world with kindness over the past couple of days....guess what? we made the FP!!! now, it was at like 6 am but we still made it- hope you all got lots of hearts that will lead to sales.
again, thanks to ALL for being so good to me:)