Saturday, September 20, 2008

October


Boy, do I love the month of October. I just love the colors that autumn brings even here in Northern California. The weather finally cools down a bit. Dark gray clouds make and appearance and the fog starts rolling in. It's "darker" out there somehow but not quite so much as to not allow the sunshine to peek through here and there. And the crows visit. I have a thing for crows. Just like I have a thing for thunderstorms and lots of rain. I like their ominous quality. The way they "darken" life a bit. I can't really explain it. It's that sense of danger without the risk. I am not life's greatest risk taker, so I like crows. haha.

For some reason, I am reminded of that "dark" quality when I read Edgar Allan Poe. It's probably just me, but his stories always seem to have an ethereal quality to them. Like something ominous is always happening. His words always make me grasp for the next in almost quiet desperation. I am almost at the edge of my seat wanting to know what's next or...do I? So there you go. I equate the month of October with Edgar Allan Poe with crows. And this is how I internalize all that and mull it over, swish it around in my subconscious and then personify it in my little playing card paper doll angels. This one says: "Her heart told tales of love unlike the story he told of the tell-tale heart."
I started this series recently and then found myself on the Mixed Media Monday website. The theme kind of fit so I am going to submit this one. You should definitely check out Mixed Media Monday. It is such a wonderful way for artists to share their work.


2 comments:

mixedmediamonday said...

onderful pieces! Thanks for participating on Mixed Media Monday. Diane

Stempelchaotin said...

Wow they are amazing.
Extraordniary pieces. Love them.