Monday, August 25, 2008

Destashing...

Yes, it's time. I know I've said it once before, and I DID destash. Some. I just couldn't help it! I was secretly hoarding some of the very things I was supposed to destash. But it's sooooo hard to get rid of some of this stuff. What can I say? I am a hoarder. You heard it here first folks. Don't tell my husband (he has no idea...ahem). But, like I said, it's time. I decided to make a fun little project out of the destashing. I created some fun little paper pillows out of lovely vellum paper that I have left over from my wedding invitations (long long ago). I had fun sewing them together with thread, or vintage ribbon or even raffia, yarn or cord that I had in my stash. I then created some more little envelopes that contain glitter, findings, charms, buttons or anything else that could strike my fancy. I then included those in the larger envelopes along with all kinds of vintage paper, newer type, or old type from vintage mags, pages from old books that were falling apart, even many of my own crafting scraps (copies of old photographs, playing cards or pieces thereof, little paper envelopes I made from vintage music sheets, copies of illustrations, test stampings from my very own handcarved stamps, fun! fun! fun!). I just love these little pillows. I call them pillows because I stuff them with so much that they puff up like pillows. I have made several sizes and put them up for sale in my "destash" shop two angels in paris. Hopefully you'll see one you like. As they say, one girl's destash is another girl's treasure. Bring me your tired, your cold, your hungry destashes any day...oh, wait...I am supposed to be DEstashing....