Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Mini Scrapbook Challenge


I recently was lucky enough to stumble upon a forum on Etsy ( http://www.etsy.com/forums_thread.php?thread_id=5678811) from a fellow Etsian who decided to put on an awesome little contest. Sewphisticate http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5318640 decided to find out what would happen if she sent approximately 20 artists some her beautiful little Mini Origami Scrapbooks (http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=11185302) to have their way with them. Yup! I was definitely lucky to get in on this! So, in keeping with the art I am currently ensconced in making, I decided to make one of my angel paper dolls. I recently worked on a bird theme for one of my customers so I decided to keep that theme going. Can't wait to see what the other participants have done. They're such a very talented group of people!

And here she is! The mini book was turned into "The Angel's Pretty Little Encyclopedia of Birds". Her wings say: She loved to research all the birds of the world in her small, little thing of a book. Her heart was handmade out of wax and painted red. The inside of the minibook shows vintage bird illustrations and a stamped image of a fancy little birdcage made with a stamp handcarved by me. She is backed by pretty art papers. Hope you like her as much as I liked making her!

1 comment:

TBC said...

To say I'm blown away my what you created with sewphisticate's mini album would be a huge understatement. Your creation could easily grace the cover of a coffee table book. So intriguing, great job!